Anna Groskop represents Wincanton and Bruton Division on Somerset County Council.
Anna has lived in Bruton with her husband, Ivor, for thirty eight years and has an excellent understanding of local priorities. She is extremely experienced in local politics having been a District Councillor since 1999 and a County Councillor since 2009.
Anna is cabinet member for H.R. Health and Transformation, working to ensure the council delivers excellent service and good value to the people of Somerset. When she has any spare time Anna likes to play golf and garden.
- Lead Member for coordinating transformation across the Council
- Human Resources and Organisational Development, including Workforce Development
- Commercial and Procurement
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Information Governance
- Business Transformation and Change including the Core Council Programme
- Dillington House
- Registration services and Scientific services
- Trading Standards
- Leisure commissioning
- Planning Policy (Minerals and Waste)
- Planning Control
- Areas of Outstanding National Beauty
- Emergency Planning and Civil contingencies
- To be accountable for policy development and the financial and operational performance of services within their area of responsibility, including meeting the requirements of the County Plan and the Medium Term Financial Plan
You can find more information about this member here