John Woodman lives in Burnham-on-Sea. His family have been in business in Burnham-on-Sea for over 150 years.
He is the Somerset County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, as well as being a Member of Sedgemoor District Council, where he chairs the Standards Committee.
John attended The King Alfred School in Highbridge and loves backpacking and travelling.
- Lead Member for Public Transport and Highways
- Traffic Management
- Transporting Somerset
- Passenger Transport
- Highway maintenance
- Rights of Way
- Area Highways services
- Parking Services and Civil Parking Enforcement
- Road Safety and Road Safety Policy
- Transport Policy
- Highway Assets and Improvements
- Highways and Transport contract management
- Traffic and Transport Development
- Highways Lighting
- Highways Development Control
- Engineering Design and Programmes
- To be accountable for policy development and the financial and operational performance of services within their area of responsibility, including meeting the requirements of the County Plan and the Medium Term Financial Plan
You can find more information about this Cabinet Member here