Christine Lawrence has lived in West Somerset for more than 40 years and been involved in local politics for more than 20.
Over the last two years she was privileged to be the Chairman of the County Council and greatly enjoyed representing the authority and fund raising while in the role.
Having worked in the health service, starting as a children’s nurse, the Health and Wellbeing Cabinet role is one that is of great personal interest. Christine listens to Classic FM and loves spending time with her grandchildren.
- Lead Member for Public Health and Health and Well-Being
- Lead member for tackling health and social inequalities
- Lead for embedding prevention across the work of the council
- Lead Member for developing greater integration with the health sector and local authority
- Lead member for developing a joint Somerset vision for improving health and wellbeing and reducing inequalities
- Maintaining links with health community and partnerships
- Leading on public health programmes including obesity, smoking cessation, drug and alcohol services, promotion of Emotional Health and Well Being, NHS Health Checks and sexual health
- Community Safety
- Drugs and Alcohol Partnership
- Oversight of all health protection arrangements at a local level including immunisation, prevention and mental wellbeing
- Health and Well-Being intelligence at local level
- To be accountable for policy development and the financial and operational performance of services within their area of responsibility, including meeting the requirements of the County Plan and the Medium Term Financial Plan
You can find more information about this Member here