David Hall has two grown up children and is a director of a local Consultancy company.
David is the County Council member for Bridgwater East and Bawdrip, Cabinet Member for Business, Inward Investment and Policy. He is also a past Chairman of Bawdrip Parish Council.
He attended the old Doctor Morgan’s Grammar school in the town and has lived in and around Bridgwater and the Polden Hills all his life.
In his spare time David enjoys, clay pigeon shooting, cycling, classic cars and motorcycles.
- Lead Member for development and oversight of Financial Management, including the Medium Term Financial Plan and Annual Budget
- Property including asset rationalisation, facilities management and programme delivery
- Health and Safety
- Lead Member for corporate performance standards and monitoring
- Lead Member for Legal Services and Corporate Governance, Internal Audit, Treasury Management and Risk management
- Member development, civic and member support services
- Lead Member for Economic Development and Tourism
- Lead Member for Sustainability and Low Carbon agenda (including Hinkley Programme)
- Capturing the benefits of new nuclear and other energy investments
- Improving infrastructure - road, rail and technology (including the Broadband programme)
- Encouraging inward investment and support for existing businesses
- Improving young people’s prospects and skills (shared with the Cabinet Member for Children and Families)
- Reduce waste and help residents recycle more
- Reduce Council’s carbon footprint
- External business development and innovation
- Flood, water and coastal management
- To be accountable for policy development and the financial and operational performance of services within their area of responsibility, including meeting the requirements of the County Plan and the Medium Term Financial Plan.
Find more information about this Member here