Somerset County Council

Information for Gypsies and Travellers


The Council no longer owns any residential or transit sites, and no longer provides a formal Gypsy and Traveller liaison service. If you are a Gypsy or Traveller and require some advice or support, the following services should be able to help you:

  • For more information about accommodation, please contact your local District Council
  • If you need advice about education, the Somerset Traveller Education Service will be able to help
  • For information and advice about Social Care, please see our Help from Social Care page

The Council has a responsibility to investigate reports of unauthorised encampments on County Council property or on the Highway. 

Reports of unauthorised encampments are dealt with by our Enforcement Team.

» Indicates required fields

Feedback form
Was this information helpful? »