We are required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 to publish details of each individual item of our expenditure that exceeds £500.
This includes items of expenditure, such as:
- Individual invoices
- Grant payments
- Expense payments
- Payments for goods and services
- Grant in aid
- Credit notes over £500.00, and
- Transactions with other public bodies
The term ‘payments’ only applies to payments made directly from local authorities’ budgets. It does not include schools where expenditure was incurred directly by the school.
You can find published spending data in the list below:
The information published excludes:
- transactions relating to income or the financing or underwriting of debt
- financing and investment expenditure
- payments made to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for value added tax (VAT), pay as you earn (PAYE) and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) or pensions.
- salary payments to staff (this is covered separately by the Code)
- compensation payments to individuals.
Certain payments are excluded or redacted under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Data Protection Act (DPA). These could be payments to certain private individuals or those that jeopardise security or an investigation into criminal matters.
The Council’s financial systems are not set up to provide reporting on non recoverable VAT at a transactional level. If you have any questions related to this please contact Stephen Morton, Strategic Manager - Finance Technical on firstname.lastname@example.org
We compile spend information for each month and publish the end of the following month. The reports are published in an open format meaning they are freely re-usable. The open format we are required to use is Comma Separated Values (.csv).
If you have any questions about any of the information provided please email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions of access and re-use
Material published and accessed on our website is provided free of charge. Unless otherwise stated, this content is © Copyright of Somerset County Council. The information is made available for re-use under the terms of the Open Government Licence for public sector information. Provided you accept the terms of this licence, it is not necessary to ask permission to re-use this information.