We are responsible for the management of all on-street resident parking schemes in Somerset.
Please note: our residents parking scheme policy, for any new schemes, is under review, and we will publish it here when it's ready.
Apply or renew now
To apply for, or renew, a resident’s parking permit online you must:
- Be eligible to purchase or renew the permit. You can find information about eligibility in theOnline Parking Permits Terms and Conditions
- Provide an email address and phone number
- Be able to upload your proof of residency and/or vehicle ownership
- Be able to pay for your permit using a credit or debit card registered to the same address that the permit is for
- Read the Terms and Conditions and agree to them
- Have your renewal letter with permit number and pin available (renewals only)
Paying for your permit online
You will be asked to enter your credit or debit card details at the end of your application. Your application and uploaded proofs will be checked within 2 working days.
If your application is accepted your permit will be sent to your home address by first class post within 3 working days. The details of any resident’s permits will be available on the Civil Enforcement Officer’s (parking warden) handheld device as soon as your permit is approved. This will avoid a penalty charge being received while your permit is in the post.
If we have any queries about your application we will contact you by email or phone within 2 working days.
You will receive an email notification when your permit is approved.
If you are not eligible for a parking permit we will refund the fee back to your credit or debit card.
How much does it cost?
- First resident parking permit £60
- Second resident parking permit £100
- If you have an off-road space you are only entitled to one resident parking permit, which will cost £60
- Annual visitor parking permit £60
- Visitor scratch cards are £3 for 10 (up to 100 scratch cards can be purchased per year) - please use the Somerset Permit Application form. Unfortunately, this can't be done online at present.
- Residents with both a vehicle, and Blue Badge, registered to them at the address will be entitled to receive their first resident’s permit free of charge each year.
Please note there are no changes to the current scheme in Minehead at present.
If you are unable to apply online you can apply by post. Print an application form from the Information and resources section of this page. You can also request an application form by phone 0333 999 8889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application forms include guidance notes on eligibility for each of the schemes. Please send a cheque or postal order with your completed application form.
Renewing your permit
We will send you a reminder to renew your permit four weeks before your permit’s expiry date.
All permits are renewable annually. Permits expire on the date printed on them. You can apply to renew a permit up to one month prior to the expiry date. There is no period of grace between expiry and renewal. For renewals we only require proof of residence so long as the vehicle registration number remains the same. If you change your vehicle or move house you will have to return your permit and apply for a replacement.
Care worker's parking permit (On-street permits only)
There are resident parking schemes, in Bridgwater, Minehead, Street, Taunton, Wells and Yeovil. Carers parking in these areas to visit clients need to display a carer's parking permit, which cost £10 each.
Complete the application form and send it with a cheque or postal order to the address below. Please note that new carer's parking permits and renewals must be applied for by post.
The application form includes the terms and conditions and guidance notes on eligibility for the scheme.