A372 Closure – Public Transport details
The A372 will be closed near Othery from 29 September for 11 weeks. Changes have been made to the public transport services in the area.
- Hatch Green Coaches service 16 only operating as far as Othery. The bus will not serve Aller, Langport and Huish Episcopi.
- Isle Valley Transport to provide enhanced 903 service to allow link from Aller to Langport and therefore Taunton/Street. You can find the timetable in the Information and resources section.
- Hatch Green Coaches service 624 to operate as far as Curry Rivel then directly to Bridgwater College.
- A ‘16/624 Shuttle’ service has been arranged to provide transport for Bridgwater College students from Aller, Langport and Huish Episcopi. You can find the timetable in the Information and resources section.
- Should you require transport from Othery to Langport or the other way, you can catch service 29 to Taunton then 54 to Langport (29 to Street then 38 to Langport is another option).
After consultation with bus operators and members of the public we have finalised a list of changes to our subsidised services for 2014. Please see the document ‘2014 Subsidised service changes’ in the ‘information and resources’ section of this page.
You can search for and view bus timetables on the Traveline website. Traveline holds up to date timetables and has a journey planning function which means timetables can be viewed in advance. You can also phone Traveline for bus timetables and route information on 0871 200 22 33. Calls cost 10p per minute plus applicable network extras.
You can also request to be sent timetables free of charge (UK only), order them by phone or email email@example.com and we will post them to you. We no longer have printed timetable booklets so if you request a paper copy it will just be a printed timetable from Traveline. Due to the costs involved we are unfortunately unable to post timetables to customers outside the UK.
You can also contact us to request information about:
- Concessionary fares and application forms
- Community transport and SLINKY services
- Further Education transport - the County Ticket
- School transport
- Other bus services including the Taunton Flyer Park and Ride
Please be aware that bus operators are permitted to change their timetables on any day during the year providing they give the Traffic Commissioners 56 days notice.
Somerset School Term Dates
Some journeys run on school days only and others run throughout the year. To help you plan your journeys please refer to our School holidays and term dates page. Schools have (within these dates) a total of 5 days set aside for staff training when the school days only buses will not operate. Please contact individual Colleges for the operating days of the buses which serve them.
Bus times by text message
The Traveline text service allows passengers in Somerset to get the times of their next 3 buses at a particular bus stop by sending then receiving a text message.
All bus stops in Somerset have a unique code. Some stops now have a glow in the dark plate displaying the code and some stops have new style timetable information with the code printed on. If your bus stop does not display a code you can find it by visiting the Traveline website or contacting us. You can find a link to the Traveline website in the Information and resources section of this page.
How do I use it?
Anyone with a mobile phone can use this service. To request details of all bus services for your chosen stop text the code of your chosen bus stop to 84268. You will then receive a text message showing the scheduled arrival times of the next 3 buses due at your chosen stop.
To request details of a specific service number for your chosen stop text the code of your chosen bus stop and bus service number to 84268. You must put a space between the code and service number - for example sotajdat 22. You will then receive a text message showing the scheduled arrival times of the next 3 buses for your chosen service due at your chosen stop. The only cost is your standard network charge.