Please note: Buses leaving both Park and Ride sites between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, will now stop at Parkfield Drive near Musgrove Park Hospital instead of Somerset College.
All other buses will serve Somerset College as usual, apart from the last 3 to Silk Mills in the evening.
The Park and Ride will now also serve stops in both directions outside the TA Centre on Mountway Road throughout the day.
Monday to Friday 6.40am to 7.30pm, Saturday 7.30am to 6.20pm,
Sunday and Public Holidays: No service
There are two Park and Ride facilities in Taunton. Silk Mills Park and Ride site is based on Silk Mills Road on the west side of Taunton. Taunton Gateway Park and Ride site is situated near Junction 25 of the M5 to the east of Taunton. They provide free parking all day with an adult return bus ticket into Taunton on the Taunton Park and Ride costing only £2.20. You can buy your ticket on the bus. The two Park and Ride facilities operate to provide a complete cross town service through Taunton.
About this service
The Taunton Park and Ride sites have large car parks and staffed information centres, with waiting facilities (and public conveniences at Silk Mills).
The services are provided by accessible low floor buses.
Cycle parking areas are available. Please see staff at the site for more details.
There is no overnight parking.
For more information on the park and ride sites including details of routes and stops please see the 'Taunton Park and Ride’ leaflet in the Information and Resources section of this page.
The height barriers at both sites are 3.5 metres high.
How much does it cost?
Taunton Park and Ride Fares
- Adult Day Return - £2.20
- Child Day Return - £1.30 (5-15 years old inclusive)
- Shopper Special Ticket - £1.50 per car. Valid for up to 5 people travelling in the same car, who must travel together on both journeys. Available for use 10am to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays only.
- Group ticket - £5.50 (up to 5 people travelling together; valid on the day of purchase only). This ticket makes travel into town even cheaper for groups of people who car share to the site. To find a car share partner please register and search for potential matches on Somerset Car Share Scheme using the link under Information and Resources
- Weekly ticket - £9
- Flexirider - £11 (allows 12 single journeys; valid for one calendar month from the day of issue)
- Calendar monthly ticket - £30
- Annual season ticket - £300 Please contact us for further details regarding this option or complete the application form
There are no concessions for English National Concessionary Travel Scheme Pass Holders.
Where is it?
There are two Park and Ride sites:
Silk Mills, Silk Mills Road, Taunton, TA1 5AA
Taunton Gateway, Ruishton, Taunton, TA3 5LU
You can find a Park and Ride location map (which includes the route and stops) on the Taunton Park and Ride Leaflet in the Information and Resources section.
When is it open?
Monday to Friday 6.40am to 7.30pm, Saturday 7.30am to 6.20pm, Sunday and Public Holidays: No service
Monday to Friday
First departures into town at 6.40am 6.55am and 7.10am from both sites
Peak: Every 10 minutes (7.40am to 9.30am and 4pm to 6pm)
Off Peak: Every 15 minutes (9.30am to 4.05pm)
Last 3 departures from town to Gateway are at 6.58pm, 7.13pm, and 7.30pm. Last 3 departures to Silk Mills operate via Musgrove Park Hospital instead of Somerset College and are at 7pm, 7.15pm, and 7.30pm.
Every 15 minutes from 7.30am with last departures from town centre at 6.15pm to both sites.
There are no services on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Site opening times:
Monday to Friday 6.30am to 8pm
Saturday 7am to 7pm
For further information on the timetable, bus stops and journey times please see the the Taunton Park and Ride leaflet
Electric vehicle charging facilities
To arrange access to the charging facilities at our Park and Ride sites, please speak with
84 Priory Bridge Rd
Phone 01823 274444.
They will also provide any technical information you may need.
Please contact First Bus lost property on 0845 602 0156.
You can find a map of the park and ride route with the stops east bound and west bound below. View a larger map.