The Park and Ride will be extended for Somerset’s NatWest T20 Blast match against the Sussex Sharks on Friday 22 May. The service is for Gateway only, and the return trips are from 2030 – 2120, the pickup point is the stop near the Market House outside Starbucks. Please note there is no extension to the service to Silk Mills, the service will end at the usual time of 1930.
Service operating times:
Monday to Friday 6.40am to 7.30pm,
Saturday 7.30am to 6.20pm,
Sunday and Public Holidays: No service
About this service
The services are provided by accessible low floor buses.
There are two Park and Ride sites:
- Silk Mills, Silk Mills Road, Taunton, TA1 5AA - situated on Silk Mills Road on the west side of Taunton.
- Taunton Gateway, Ruishton, Taunton, TA3 5LU - situated near Junction 25 of the M5 on the east side of Taunton.
Site opening times:
Monday to Friday 6.30am to 8pm
Saturday 7am to 7pm
The Taunton Park and Ride sites have large car parks and staffed information centres, with waiting facilities (and public conveniences at Silk Mills).
- They provide free parking all day
- There is no overnight parking.
- Cycle parking areas are available. Please see staff at the site for more details.
- The height barriers at both sites are 3.5 metres high.
- The two Park and Ride facilities operate to provide a complete cross town service through Taunton.
- You can buy your ticket on the bus.
How much does it cost?
Taunton Park and Ride Fares from 7 April 2015:
- Adult Day Return - £2.40
- Child Day Return - £1.40 (5-15 years old inclusive)
- Shopper Special Ticket - £1.70 per car. Valid for up to 5 people travelling in the same car, who must travel together on both journeys. Available for use 10am to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays only.
- Group ticket - £6.00 (up to 5 people travelling together; valid on the day of purchase only). This ticket makes travel into town even cheaper for groups of people who car share to the site. To find a car share partner please register and search for potential matches on Somerset Car Share Scheme using the link under Information and Resources
- Weekly ticket - £10
- Flexirider - £12 (allows 12 single journeys; valid for one calendar month from the day of issue)
- Calendar monthly ticket - £33
- Annual season ticket - £330 Please contact us for further details regarding this option or complete the application form
There are no concessions for English National Concessionary Travel Scheme Pass Holders.
Routes and timetables:
Buses leaving both Park and Ride sites between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, will stop at Parkfield Drive near Musgrove Park Hospital instead of Somerset College.
All other buses serve Somerset College as usual, apart from the last 3 to Silk Mills in the evening.
The Park and Ride also serve stops in both directions outside the TA Centre on Mountway Road throughout the day.
Monday to Friday
First departures into town at 6.40am 6.55am and 7.10am from both sites
Peak: Every 10 minutes (7.40am to 9.30am and 4pm to 6pm)
Off Peak: Every 15 minutes (9.30am to 4.05pm)
Last 3 departures from town to Gateway are at 6.58pm, 7.13pm, and 7.30pm.
Last 3 departures to Silk Mills operate via Musgrove Park Hospital instead of Somerset College and are at 7pm, 7.15pm, and 7.30pm.
Every 15 minutes from 7.30am with last departures from town centre at 6.15pm to both sites.
Sunday and Public Holidays: No service
For more information on the park and ride sites including details of routes, stops and journey times please see the 'Taunton Park and Ride’ leaflet.
Electric vehicle charging facilities
To arrange access to the charging facilities at our Park and Ride sites, please speak with
84 Priory Bridge Rd
Phone 01823 274444.
They will also provide any technical information you may need.
Please contact First Bus lost property on 0845 602 0156.
You can find a map of the park and ride route with the stops east bound and west bound below. View a larger map.