We maintain and repair road signs and bollards to national standards, to provide safe access for all road users.
You can report road signs or non-illuminated bollards which need cleaning, repair or replacement here.
When you contact us please give us the following information:
- Your name and phone number, in case we need to contact you
- Where the sign or bollard is, including the road name
- If possible, the number on the sign or bollard
- Whether the problem is outside a specific property
We will prioritise what we do depending on how severe the defect is and where it is.
Problems with road signs can include:
- Missing sign plates
- Plates turned around or slipped on the post
- Signs obscured by hedges
- Trees or dirt obscuring signs on A and B roads
We operate an emergency call out service for illuminated signs and bollards.
To report a problem with an illuminated road sign or bollard please phone our Streetlight Fault Line, on 0845 601 0939.
Our contractor must make sure that the number of faulty illuminated signs and bollards stays below 2% each month. Over the past two years a level of around 1% has been achieved.
Your local area highways office holds keys to removable bollards in their respective area. See the contacts information below for details.