Cost of Living Business Support
Concerned about rising costs for your business? The Growth Hub team have compiled a list of the latest cost of living and energy related schemes and guidance available. They can also offer your business support with business planning and resilience.
Find out more at https://www.heartofswgrowthhub.co.uk/cost-of-living/
The Somerset Visitor Economy Support Programme
We are seeking applications to our new grant scheme from businesses operating within the Somerset Visitor Economy.
Grants of between £25,000 and £40,000 are available for Somerset SME businesses (Small and Medium Size Businesses of up to 250 employees), partnership of businesses, or community organisations wishing to introduce and implement a project that delivers genuinely new provision for visitors to the County. Projects will need to be completed in 2022, but also demonstrate sustainable impact into future years.
Grants will be match funded, with the applicant expected to meet 35% of the project costs and the grant meeting the remaining 65% of the project costs.
A qualifying project or scheme will fall into one or more of these four priority categories.
1. Enhancing the higher spend customer markets
2. Genuinely new service provision for Somerset
3. ‘Shoulder’ season visitor opportunities. That is extending the main tourism season. Additionally we will consider out of season opportunities that are likely to have significant impact on the visitor economy
4. New networks/partnerships that consolidate activity into a package that enhances the visitor experience
It is recommended that applicants read carefully through the guidelines before making an application. The guidelines explain what we are looking for, the scoring and the application process.
Applications have now closed for this programme.