FREE ADHD Training - have you signed up yet?
The Educational Psychology Service is running training for all schools and their communities this academic year (2023-24).
What is it?
This free three-hour training session will look at ADHD, what it is as well as what it isn’t, explore differences (neurodiversity), and offer practical strategies and guidance to support children and young people with ADHD.
Who is it for?
The training is for SENCOs, teaching staff, parents and carers (of children and young people either with a diagnosis of ADHD or accepted on to the pathway for an assessment), Parent and Family Support Advisors (PFSAs), Family Intervention Service (FIS) Workers, School Nurses, other professionals working with you to support children and young people with ADHD.
The training will be delivered by Educational Psychologists and Assistant Educational Psychologists.
When is it taking place?
- Wednesday 8 November 2023, 1-4pm
- Monday 22 January 2024, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 13 March 2024, 1-4pm
- Monday 22 April 2024, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 19 June 2024, 1-4pm
How do I book?
Training sessions will be run virtually, through Microsoft Teams.
We are asking SENCOs and/or Head Teachers to help compile lists of attendees by talking with the following members of their school community:
- Teaching staff who would like to attend, particularly those who are working with children with a diagnosis of ADHD and/or have an interest in finding out more.
- Parents and carers of children with a diagnosis of ADHD or with a child accepted onto the pathway for assessment.
- FIS Workers
- School nurses
- Other professionals working with your setting to support children and young people with ADHD.
A complete a list of attendees (using word document provided below), including the date of the training you wish to attend, should be emailed to:
I am a parent and/or carer - what do I need to do?
Parent carers interested in attending should speak to their school first to make sure they are able to attend the training and for support with registration.
I have a question about the training - who do I speak to?
If you have a question about the training, please email: AutismADHDPreassessmentPathway@somerset.gov.uk