Looking after your health is very important as you become an adult. You should be encouraged to make decisions for yourself about your Education and Health Plan, by working with your parent’s carers and the other people who may support you.
- LD health check video
- Being active and healthy video – going to a sports hall to do activities
- Mind – providing advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- Kooth online counselling service -free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- FRANK – if you’re looking for advice, this is a good place to start
- Somerset Activity and Sports Partnership (SASP)
- PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) – as a patient, relative or carer you may sometimes need to turn to someone for help, advice and support. This is where the Patient Advice and Liaison Service comes in.
- CCG – Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) commission most of the hospital and community NHS services in the local areas for which they are responsible.
- Healthwatch Somerset –the county’s independent health and care champion makes sure that people are at the heart of care. Staff and volunteers listen to what people like about local health services, and what could change.
- Keeping Safe Online – easy-read guide
- Living a Healthy Life MacMillan/CHANGE – easy-read booklets
- Mencap Relationships and sex – advice and support about sexuality and relationships