We’re back! All Somerset libraries have re-opened
All libraries in Somerset have now reopened and are open for browsing and computer access. In line with Government guidelines, we have implemented extra precautions to ensure that both staff and customers are kept as safe as possible whilst Coronavirus related safety measures are in place.
Library services may look and feel quite different as some processes temporarily change. Social distancing measures will be in place and customers need to wear a face mask. Please be aware that from Thursday 24 September, all Somerset County Council Libraries and Mobile Libraries are operating NHS Test and Trace, following Government legislation. This means that when visiting a Library, if you have a smart phone you will need to scan the NHS QR posters located at the entrance.
If you don’t have a smart phone, don’t worry – we will be taking your contact details manually as before.
NHS Test and Trace is a Government service designed to help identify and notify people who may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. You can find more information on how test and trace works here.
You can download the app for free on IOS and Android.
A ‘Library Choice’ service (formerly known as ‘Order and Collect’) is available where staff can select books for customers based on popular titles, specific interests and favourite authors.
Other changes will mean:
- The reservations service is up and running again
- Return dates for any items borrowed prior to 19 March will be extended to September 2020
- Staff will be unable to accept donations of books from customers until further notice
- All items will have a standard loan period with the exception of DVD which will have a 14 day loan period
- Library opening times may be slightly different
- Hire charges for DVDs and Talking Books apply
- Internet access will be available and people may be asked to book a session in advance
Please note: There will be no fines for any books borrowed just before library buildings closed on the 19 March 2020.
Email Librariesmail@somerset.gov.uk or phone 0300 123 2224