You can find information about how you can print over Wi-Fi from your own devices in our libraries on this page.
The process is different depending on what type of device you are printing from. During the Covid-19 pandemic you may need to book a computer to secure space to use Wi-Fi to print from a personal device.
Instructions for Android devices
Unfortunately printing from your own Android device is temporarily unavailable due to Google retiring the module that used to allow this.
Our suppliers are currently working on a solution and there will be a new printing experience supplied that will integrate both Android and Apple to give an easier and more seamless printing experience.
We are expecting this in the next three months. We apologise for an inconvenience this may cause.
Instructions for Apple devices
Including iPhone, iPad, MacBook
1. Select something to print from your device and select the Print option.
2. This should then search for the local Air Printer which should be named as Library Printer. Select this printer.
3. The first time you print you will be asked for your Library Card number and PIN.
4. The print job will be held on Netloan and it will be released by a member of staff.
5. When the print job is released confirm with the Library Staff what options you require e.g. B&W, Colour.
Instructions for Windows devices
Also Chromebooks and Linux laptops
Connect to the Library Guest Wi-Fi and use your device to open a browser session. Enter the following address in the URL address bar http://netloan.somerset-pn.gov.uk/portal or use the QR code as printed out around the Library.
1. Using a Chrome or Chromium Edge Browser. The Netloan Wi-Fi print page will repeat the following instruction, with the relevant links where required. Just following the instructions in your browser.
2. Make sure you have a Google account, you will need your username and password for this to continue the steps.
3. Download the latest version of CloudPrint from Google Play App Store. Use your browser to go back to the main instruction page.
4. Register for Netloan Wi-Fi print, for this you will need you Library Card number and PIN.
5. Link to the Wi-Fi printer in the Library.
6. You are now ready to print from your device.
7. The print job will be held on Netloan and it will be released by a member of staff.
8. When the print job is released confirm with the Library Staff what options you require e.g. B&W, Colour.