There are 32 libraries in Somerset (and one mobile library) all offering a welcoming and safe space for you, and a place where you can use a range of services free of charge. This includes
- Books in a range of languages and dual language books for children and adults (staff may need to order these for you, but there is no reservation fee)
- Borrow a data-enabled iPad for up to six weeks
- Access to library computers so you can use the internet or create and print out documents (small charge for printing)
- Online services, including free e-newspapers, e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines – all available to download onto a phone, tablet or laptop.
Guests from Ukraine
Please note – guests from Ukraine can now access a new collection of e-books and e-audiobooks in Ukrainian for children and adults using a free app
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.odilo.ukraine
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ukraine-unlimited-learning/id1615037168
- Conversation Cafe – available in Taunton Library, informal groups where you can practice speaking English
- Story times and craft activities for children
- Employment support
- NHS health checks
To access all these services, you can become a member of Somerset Libraries free of charge. Just ask a member of staff to help you – they will need to know
- Your name
- Your address in the UK
- Your date of birth
- Your email address or telephone number (if you have one)
Children can have their own library card too – just ask staff for details.
If you do not wish to become a member, that’s fine – you are still very welcome to visit our libraries and attend any free activities and groups.