We are required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 to publish:
- a breakdown of income and expenditure on the authority’s parking account. The breakdown of income must include details of revenue collected from on-street parking, off-street parking and Penalty Charge Notices
- a breakdown of how the authority has spent a surplus on its parking account
- the number of marked out controlled on and off-street parking spaces within their area, or an estimate of the number of spaces where controlled parking space is not marked out in individual parking bays or spaces broken down by:
- free parking spaces available in the local authority’s area and which are provided directly by the local authority, and
- parking spaces where charges apply that are available in the local authority’s area and which are provided directly by the local authority.
You can also find this information in the Annual Parking Reports in Downloads.
Terms and conditions of access and re-use
Material published and accessed on our website is provided free of charge. Unless otherwise stated, this content is © Copyright of Somerset County Council. The information is made available for re-use under the terms of the Open Government Licence for public sector information. Provided you accept the terms of this licence, it is not necessary to ask permission to re-use this information.