Please note – if you are reporting this defect outside normal working hours – Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm – and you believe it is an urgent problem and a risk to public safety, please phone the police on 101.
When you contact us, please give us the following information:
- Your name and phone number, in case we need to contact you
- The name of the road or junction
- Whether the location is usually cut by us, if you know
Grass cutting and environmental maintenance
The highway network is vital to the people of Somerset and the local economy. During the growing season we carry out a number of environmental maintenance operations to help keep all road users safe.
Our aim is to:
- preserve visibility sight lines at junctions and bends
- provide a safe area for pedestrians if there is no footway
- protect wildlife on roadside verges, where this does not conflict with safety requirements