Somerset Road Safety brings together the extensive experience and expertise from a number of organisations to drive down casualty rates, create safer communities and improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors to Somerset.
Somerset Road Safety represents the work of Somerset County Council’s Road Safety Team, working in partnership with these organisations.
The partners include the Avon and Somerset Constabulary, Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service, NHS Trusts and Highways England, together with driving and safety organisations such as RoSPA, IAM, Driving Standards Agency and the Driving Instructors Association.
What we do
Somerset Road Safety places great importance on education. A wide range of programmes promoting an understanding of traffic and road safety issues are available for young people, from pre-school to those in sixth form and further education colleges. We will also utilise both engineering and enforcement initiatives to target areas where these interventions will be effective.
Collision Data Requests
Traffic and Road Safety Data – Collision (Accident) and traffic statistics is considered chargeable except for Somerset County Councillors, Emergency Services, Highways England, Department for Transport, and businesses or companies directly commissioned to work for the County Council, if the data is related to specific commissioned work.
- As standard for location-based requests, a mapped plot will be sent together with a report, in PDF format, giving descriptions of each individual collision and summary reports. Data must not be used for any other purpose without written permission from Somerset Road Safety.
- Minimum charge for requests is £175 plus VAT
- Different summaries of data analysis are available and could be subject to additional charges plus VAT, depending on complexity.
Traffic Data – Automatic Traffic Counter Speed or volume data is chargeable except for Somerset County Councillors, Emergency Services, Highways England, Department for Transport and businesses or companies directly commissioned to work for the County Council, if the data is related to specific commissioned work.
- Minimum charge for requests £175 plus VAT, could be subject to additional charges plus VAT, depending on complexity.
- Other traffic data may be collected for a charge, such as speed and traffic count radars (usually on-site for 7 days a week), CCTV for vehicle and pedestrian counts (usually on-site for 5 days a week, transcribing data inputting charged separately), on-site surveys individual costings given dependant on requirements such, as roadside interviews. This would be subject to resource availability.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Somerset Road Safety website.
Contact the team
Contact: Somerset Road Safety
Address: B2 South, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY
Phone: 01823 423430
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am to 4pm