We are available to offer support to schools that remain open during this time. We will be contactable by phone or email for all other School Nurse service support. We can signpost you to other providers for sexual health advice and support.
If you haven’t found what you need, or need more support please phone us on:
0300 123 2224
School nurses are public health nurses who will work with 5 to 19 year olds. Their primary aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of this age group, and identify those who need early help. They can assist in managing interaction between health and education.
Key aspects included in their role
- Empowering children and young people to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Providing a point of contact for children and young people, parents or carers, and schools needing health advice or information. This may involve assessing individual needs, offering advice and referring to other services as necessary
- Supporting children and young people with some on-going or specific health needs. This may include children with complex health needs or a learning or physical disability
- Children looked after health reviews
- Running school based drop in clinics within Somerset secondary schools
Contact the team
West Somerset and Taunton
0300 790 9854
0300 790 9853
0300 790 9852
0300 323 0114