We are available to offer support to young people, parents and carers and schools by phone or email. We can signpost you to other providers for sexual health advice and support. We are offering some appointments in our bases.
If you are a parent of a school age child and require advice and support please contact our School Nurse text line Parent Service on 07480 635515
If you are a young person aged 11-19 years old please text the School Nurse Young People’s Service on 07480 63551
School nurses are public health nurses who will work with 5 to 19 year olds. Their primary aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of this age group, and identify those who need early help. They can assist in managing interaction between health and education.
Key aspects included in their role
- Empowering children and young people to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Providing a point of contact for children and young people, parents or carers, and schools needing health advice or information. This may involve assessing individual needs, offering advice and referring to other services as necessary
- Supporting children and young people with some on-going or specific health needs. This may include children with complex health needs or a learning or physical disability
- Children looked after health reviews
- Running school based drop in clinics within Somerset secondary schools
Contact the team
West Somerset and Taunton
0300 790 9854
0300 790 9853
0300 790 9852
0300 323 0114