We are required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 to publish the following information:
- total number (absolute number and full time equivalent) of staff who are union representatives (including general, learning and health and safety representatives)
- total number (absolute number and full time equivalent) of union representatives who devote at least 50 per cent of their time to union duties
- names of all trade unions represented in the local authority
- a basic estimate of spending on unions (calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary), and
- a basic estimate of spending on unions as a percentage of the total pay bill (calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary divided by the total pay bill).
You can download this information from the Information and resources section.
Representatives of teachers’ unions are funded through the schools and so are excluded from this data.
Terms and conditions of access and re-use
Material published and accessed on our website is provided free of charge. Unless otherwise stated, this content is © Copyright of Somerset County Council. The information is made available for re-use under the terms of the Open Government Licence for public sector information. Provided you accept the terms of this licence, it is not necessary to ask permission to re-use this information.