Waiting list for moorings at Minehead

If you want to put your name down on the waiting list for a mooring. Please contact the harbour master using the details below. We also provide a copy of the harbour rules.


If you want to apply for an annual slipway permit or a daily/weekly pass. Please contact the harbour master using the details below to arrange payment by card reader. A receipt will be supplied on payment. Proof of a valid insurance certificate is required


All mooring holders must be insured to cover third party claims when in the harbour or parked on any property owned or managed by the Council.

Oil spill

Boat owners must, by law, have effective ways of controlling any oil spills that may happen when bunkering. You must take particular care when you discharge bilges that might contain oil substances.

Change of vessel and mooring

You must notify us of any change of vessel on a harbour mooring. Moorings are not transferable. If you want to move your vessel, you must first get permission from the harbour master. If they agree to the move, you must apply to us.

Renew your mooring place

If you wish to enquire about a a mooring at Minehead Harbour please contact the Harbour Master.

If you are granted a mooring, it is for your use only. If a mooring has not been used by the authorised person for 12 months, the mooring will be considered vacant. The Harbour Master can move the mooring to the next suitable candidate (by length or width of boat) on the waiting list.

Harbour Master contact details

For all harbour enquiries for Minehead harbour and Watchet outer harbour. Please contact the Harbour Master.

Email: harbourmaster@somerset.gov.uk
Phone: 0779 945 6128

Last reviewed: April 15, 2024 by Jenny

Next review due: October 15, 2024

Back to top