Safer Food, Better Business catering packs
It is important to make sure that your food is safe to eat. Food Safety legislation requires you to write down in simple terms what you do and what records you will keep to make sure that your food is safe to eat. It should be kept up to date and be available for officers to inspect during inspections.
If you do not have food safety management system, it will result in a low food hygiene rating.
The most widely used toolkit for caterers and retailers is the Food Standards Agency’s Safer Food, Better Business. They offer Safer Food Business packs for:
- small catering businesses
- small retail businesses
- restaurants and takeaways serving Chinese or Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan cuisines
- care homes supplement, designed for use with the caterer’s pack.
You can download diaries, factsheet and information on promoting good hygiene from the Food Standards Agency Safer Food, Better Business website.
Safer Food, Better Business catering packs include information on:
- using the diary.
The practical and easy-to-use packs will help you to:
- comply with food hygiene regulations
- show what you do to make food safely
- train staff
- protect your business’s reputation
- improve your business
- improve your food hygiene rating score.
Alternatively we can supply printed versions of the catering pack, including the 12-month diary for £37. You can also order 12-month catering pack diary refills at £32 each. The cost includes Postage and Packing.
Price: £37 or £32 for diary refills
You can request and make payment for the packs by completing the online form.