Latest advice


The deadline to claim your £100 is the 15 April 2024.

What is the Household Support Fund?

The Household Support Fund is designed to provide short-term urgent financial help to Somerset residents who are struggling to afford household essentials such as buying food and paying for pre-payment meter energy bills. Funding is provided by the Department for Work and Pensions, through Somerset Council.

Why am I getting £100?

Somerset Council has decided that a simple and effective way to make sure support is provided to people who need help with the cost of living, is to allocate £100 to everyone in Somerset who receives Pension Credit.

What evidence do I need to provide to claim my £100?

You will need evidence of your name and address, or a photo identification (ID). Examples of evidence are provided in the letter, including:

  • Passport
  • Driver’s licence
  • Utility bill
  • Council Tax bill
  • Blue Badge
  • Pension credit notification letter

What if I cannot go to the Post Office to claim my £100?

You can ask a friend or family member to go for you. Instructions are in the letter.

I have Power of Attorney for the person eligible to claim their £100 – how do I claim on their behalf?

Please bring proof of your Power of Attorney with you, along with identification for the person eligible to claim, and you will be able to claim the £100 from the Post Office.

Why can't you put this money straight into my bank account?

Unfortunately, bank details already held by the council could not be shared for this purpose. We are looking into other options for future payments.

Can I provide a photocopy of my ID?

No, your ID should be original, not a photocopy.

Should I be worried about data protection and my privacy?

Your personal details are safe and confidential. If you are concerned about your data, please contact us on

Last reviewed: December 21, 2023 by Louise

Next review due: June 21, 2024

Back to top