Corporate Parenting Board (CPB)
The Corporate Parenting Board monitors the services we and our partners deliver to the children we look after and our care leavers, with the aim of continually improving outcomes. The Board is made up of elected members, Council officers and our partners.
Find out more about our representatives on the Corporate Parenting Board.
The Corporate Parenting Board worked with children and young people through Somerset in Care Councils to develop a Pledge to those in our care. It includes a number of promises for how we will look after and communicate with them.
They go across 7 themes:
- Listening, informing
- Where I live
- Contact with important people
- Care planning, information and health
- Look after reviews
- Leaving care and preparation for independence
- Sorting out problems and making complaints
The Corporate Parenting Board is monitoring our progress against the promises in The Pledge and can put measures in place to facilitate improvements where necessary.
Council officers, members and partner agencies can get involved in corporate parenting in a number of ways:
- Consider becoming an advocate or independent visitor. Does your area of work have opportunities for work experience or apprenticeships for those in care or care leavers? Find out more from Route1 Advocacy.
- Consider how you and your colleagues can contribute to fulfilling The Pledge.
- Making children looked after and care leavers a priority when they come to the attention of your service and in your commissioning.
- Raise money for the STAR charity that benefits those in our care.
Training, events and promotions
We regularly offer a half-day CPB training session. You can email us to register your interest at SomersetCorporateParentingBoard@somerset.gov.uk
Events and promotions
We visit our offices and partner locations to promote our Corporate Parenting responsibilities.
Invite us to your workplace.
Watch a film that raises awareness of Corporate Parenting responsibilities in Somerset.
Contact the team
Address Participation and Engagement Team, Children’s Social Care, County Hall, Taunton TA1 4DY
Phone 01823 355259