Please use this form to notify us of a child under compulsory school age you believe may have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) under Section 23
To complete this form you will need:
- the child’s details (including date of birth and NHS number)
- the parent’s contact details.
SEND Section 23 Search
New improvements that have gone live
- Search function – This will allow you to see if a notification has already been sent for the child to avoid additional work.
Future improvements to the Section 23 form
- Login function – This is to allow pre-population of fields to reduce the work involved in completing these forms.
- Auto fill child’s details – This is for when a child is known but does not have an existing SEN category to further reduce the work involved in completing the form.
Read more on Our responsibility under Section 23 of the Children and Families Act 2014