In general, allotment gardens are for the sole use of the cultivation of plants, soft fruit and vegetables for consumption by the tenants, their family and friends.
Apart from being a useful way to grow your own food, allotments are also great for meeting new people and helping you to stay fit and active. As well as providing habitats for many forms of wildlife and an excellent addition to our green spaces.
Under Section 23 of Small Holdings and Allotments Act 1908, a duty is placed upon Local Authorities to provide areas of land set aside for allotments, where they perceive there is a demand. This is provided by Somerset Council, as well as Town and Parish Councils.
Most allotments in the South Somerset area belong to either town or parish councils.
We are only responsible for the following allotment sites:
- Bondfield Way, Chard
- Little Sammons, Chilthorne Domer
- Lakefields, West Coker
For more information on these allotments, contact Somerset Council on 0300 123 2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are aware of any allotment sites that are not detailed on this page, please visit contact us online to inform us.
Other allotment sites in Somerset
- Marshfield Allotments, Marshfield Road, Alcombe
- Hare Park Allotments, Hare Park Terrace, Hopcott Road, Alcombe
- Poundfield Allotments, Poundfield Road, Minehead
- Periton Way Allotments, Periton Way, Minehead
- Periton Lane Allotments, Periton Lane, Minehead
- Orchard Allotments, Orchard Road, Minehead
For more information contact Minehead Town Council via email on email@example.com
- Chard, Bondfield Way Allotments firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chilthorne Domer, Little Sammons Allotments email@example.com
- Churchstanton Raised Beds, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Courtfield Allotments, Courtfield, Milverton – Milverton Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org (36 Plots)
- Creech St Michael Allotments, Old Rd, Creech Heathfield – Creech St Michael Allotment Society, Robert Hall, email@example.com (24 plots)
- Bishops Lydeard Almshouses Allotments, Old Vicarage Lane, Bishops Lydeard - Bishopslydeardalmshouses@yahoo.com (20 Plots)
- Green Lane Allotments, Greenway, North Curry – North Curry Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org (11 plots)
- Loscombe Meadow Allotments, Loscombe Meadow, North Curry – North Curry Parish Council email@example.com (4 plots)
- Lockyers Field Allotments, Lockyers Field, North Curry – North Curry Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org (4 Plots)
- Stoke St Gregory Allotment Association, Slough Lane, Stoke St Gregory – Mr Graham Gleed, 01823 490407 or 07557 654859 (19 Plots)
- Stoke St Mary Allotments, Stoke Road, Stoke St Mary – Stoke st Mary Parish Council email@example.com (2 Plots)
- Little River Allotment Site, Stembridge Way, Norton Fitzwarren – Norton Fitzwarren Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org (45 plots)
- Stogursey Allotments, Burgage Road, Stogursey – Stogursey Parish Council email@example.com (20 Plots)
- West Coker, Lakefields Allotments firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact the Local Parish Council.
- Turner Allotments, Staplegrove Road – Turners Allotment Association, Mrs Patsy Manning, 01823 286157, email@example.com (200 Plots)
- Hamilton Road Allotments, Hamilton Road – Hamilton Road Allotments, Mr Jason Mayled, firstname.lastname@example.org (160 Plots)
- Stoke Road Allotments, Stoke Road – Stoke Road Allotments email@example.com (40 Plots)
- Whitmore Allotments, Corkscrew Lane – Mr Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org (60 Plots)
- Higher Holway Allotments, Rowan Drive – Holway Allotment Association email@example.com (40 Plots)
- Galmington Allotments, Galmington Road – Galmington Allotment Association, Mr Mark Leeman, firstname.lastname@example.org (100+ Plots)
- Priorswood Allotments, Obridge Road – Priorswood Allotment Association, 07887841226, email@example.com, (120 Plots)
- Rowbarton Allotments, Kingston Road – Rowbarton Allotment Association, Margaret Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org (116 Plots)
- Wilton Temperance Allotments, Fons George - email@example.com (17 Plots)
- Holly Close Allotments (Eco Site), Holly Close – Holly Close Allotment Association firstname.lastname@example.org (51 Plots)
- Trull Allotments, Wild Oake Lane – Trull Parish Council email@example.com 07465 405533 (31 Plots)
- Northfields Allotments, Northfields, Bishops Hull - firstname.lastname@example.org (27 Plots)
- Alms-houses Allotment Gardens, Monkton Heathfield Rd – West Monkton Parish Council email@example.com (11 Plots)
For more information contact the Local Parish Council.
- The Basins Allotments, Corams Lane – (100 plots)
- Rockwell Green Allotments, Exeter Road – (64 Plots)
- Northside Allotments, Northside, Rockwell Green – (34 Plots)
- Burchills Hill Allotments, Burchills Hill, Tonedale – (11 Plots)
- (New Site) Longforth Farm Allotments, Longforth Farm – Bloor Homes on 01823 660354 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Wellington Town Council
For more information contact Wellington Town Council – 01823 662855 or email@example.com
- Plain Pond Allotments, Plain Pond – Lena Holland firstname.lastname@example.org (48 Plots)
- Caters Close Gardens Allotments, Rotton Row – Church Warden 01984 629423 or email@example.com
- (Under Development) Willow Mead, Styles Road – David Wilson Homes
For more information contact Wiveliscombe Town Council – TownClerk@wiveliscombe.com