Recycling and rubbish collection days are changing for some households in Mendip and South Somerset. Read about the changes and how they may affect you.

How we use your personal information

We use your personal information so that we can deal with any issues or complaints that you may have within your ward (constituency casework).

What we will do with it

When we take up casework on your behalf we may need to share your personal information with another councillor in the same ward or with the council. We will only share information with another ward member or with the council where it is necessary either:

  • To address your concerns; or
  • Where the particular issue raises a matter which concerns other councillors in the same ward

We will only share as much information as is necessary to take your case forward. Other than in the circumstances above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.

How long we keep your information

After your case has been closed, we will keep your information for up to a year in case we need to refer back to it or re-open it.

Your rights

You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. You can:

  • Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
  • Request that we correct or update any personal information we hold
  • Ask that we erase or restrict the way we use your information

What to do if you are not happy with the way we have handled your personal information

If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal information, you should contact the ward councillor concerned in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the ward councillor’s response, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:

The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House,
Water Lane,
SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 306060 / 01625 545745

Last reviewed: July 20, 2023 by Neil

Next review due: January 20, 2024

Back to top