Services covered by this privacy notice: CCTV
Purpose of the Processing
The personal data collected is used to enable the council to process incidents captured on CCTV cameras, ANPR cameras and other monitoring photographic equipment located throughout Somerset.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data: Public Task
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
The information collected, as part of CCTV reviews and potential follow-up enforcement actions can include:
- Photographs, videos and images
- Car number plates
The information collected from individuals requesting access to CCTV images includes the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate): Not applicable
Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal Data: Not applicable
Who the data might be shared with This information may be shared with:
- Other council departments
- Police (under a legal obligation)
- Legal representative of the court (for example under RIPA or other legal obligation)
- Insurance Companies
- SIA (Security Industry Authority)
- Relevant Officers to the Court and/or other enforcement agencies
How Long Will the Data be Kept For
- Recorded images are kept for up to 30 days.
- Requested images are held for up to 2 years.
- Related paperwork for requests may be retained for up to 2 years.
- Email requests are usually held for 3 months.