Navigate this page
Back to Finance, performance and legal


What we do with your information when you use our Licensing team for charitable collections, street collections, direct debit and house to house collections.

Your RightsPrivacy Notice

Your Rights

You have specific rights in relation to the data that you provide to the Council. To find out more, including how to make a request, please see our Information Rights page.

Privacy Notice

Services covered by this privacy notice Licensing – Street Collections, Direct Debit and House to House Collections – Charitable Collections
Purpose of the Processing The personal data you provide is used to enable the council to process licence applications.

(If you provide personal data of a third party you must ensure that they understand the use of their data and this privacy notice)

Legal Basis for Processing Personal DataLegal obligation
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
  • Name and address
  • Email address
  • Phone numbers
  • Licence reference numbers
  • Date of birth and place of birth
  • Signatures
  • Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate)Criminal Convictions and Cautions
    Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal DataSubstantial Public Interest
    Who is the data shared withWe will share personal data because legislation says we must do so. We may also share personal data with other organisations where they have a legal duty or responsibility to investigate complaints and offences. Data could be shared with the following:

  • The Charity Commission on investigation of complaints or possible criminal offences.
  • The general public – on request and name only where that is the name of the charity.
  • Other Council departments – where committee papers are produced, as consultees or to assist when they are investigating complaints and offences under other legislation for example investigating breaches of planning law or benefit fraud.
  • Council Members and Parish Councils – sitting on Licensing Board, acting as consultees and /or where we notify them of activities in their areas.
  • Police and Trading Standards to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
  • Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
  • Department of Work and Pensions
  • Somerset Council
  • Other Local Authorities
  • HM Courts and Tribunal Service
  • How long will the data be kept for6 years from the point the licence is expired, revoked or surrendered.

    Last reviewed: October 26, 2023 by Sophie

    Next review due: April 26, 2024

    Back to top