Commissioning is how we work out what is needed, and work with everyone involved to make those things happen in the best and most cost-effective way.
Our vision is to become a commissioning driven authority. This is because this is the best way we can:
- deliver the council’s priorities as set out in the County Plan
- live within our means in the face of sustained public spending cuts
- take an informed approach to allocating and prioritising scarce resources
- undertake the unprecedented rethinking of public services (and our relationship with the public) that is necessary at scale and at pace
- truly understand the needs of our population and different places
- make best use of all available resources (not just those we directly control)
- continually challenge ourselves on the impact we are having and how well we are achieving the outcomes that matter most
Below is a list of useful documents. These will be added to, and amended as our approach to commissioning evolves.
SCC Co-production Full Guidance V3 (PDF 785KB)
SCC Co-production Basic Guidance V4 (PDF 87.7KB)
SCC Co-production Young Person Guidance V5 (PDF 87.8KB)
Compass Co-production – Hearing the Voice of Service Users (PDF 394KB)
SCC Consultation Guidance (PDF 316KB)