There is a flood alert in effect. Please stay safe and follow the latest Flooding information and advice.

Navigate this page
Back to Finance, performance and legal


What we do with the information you give us when you use our Licensing team at Somerset Council for licenses and notifications issued under the Gambling Act 2005

Information RightsPrivacy Notice

Information Rights

You have specific rights in relation to the data that you provide to the Council. To find out more, including how to make a request, please see our Information Rights page.

Privacy Notice

Services covered by this privacy noticeLicensing – Licenses and notifications issued under the Gambling Act 2005
Purpose of the Processing The personal data you provide is used to enable the council to process applications and notifications, and share that information by maintaining a public register. The register will contain specific personal data (such as name and address) and will be available online in the future. It is currently available to view in person by appointment only.

(If you provide personal data of a third party you must ensure that they understand the use of their data and this privacy notice)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal DataLegal Obligation and Public Task.
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
  • Name (trading name may also contain personal data)
  • Address (business address may be your home address)
  • Email address and phone numbers
  • Licence reference numbers
  • Signatures
  • Bank Account Name, Number and Sort Code
  • Debit/Credit card information
  • Society name and address
  • Position in society
  • Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate)N/A
    Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal DataN/A
    Who the data might be shared withWe will or may share personal data because legislation requires us to do so, for example we must maintain a public register. We may also share personal data with other organisations where they have a legal duty or responsibility to investigate complaints and offences. Data could be shared with the following:

  • The general public – through public register and online on Somerset Council website when advertising application being made to us.
  • Other Council departments – where committee papers are produced, as consultees or to assist when they are investigating complaints and offences under other legislation such as investigating breaches of planning law or benefit fraud.
  • Council Members and Parish Councils – sitting on Licensing Board, acting as consultees and /or where we notify them of activities in their areas.
  • Police, Trading Standards, Fire and Rescue Services – as consultees and to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
  • Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences
  • The Home Office in relation to immigration and right to work
  • Department of Work and Pensions
  • Somerset Council
  • Other Local Authorities
  • HM Courts and Tribunal Service
  • The Gambling Commission
  • How Long Will the Data be Kept For6 years from the point the licence is expired, revoked or surrendered.

    Last reviewed: August 7, 2023 by Neil

    Next review due: February 7, 2024

    Back to top