You have specific rights in relation to the data that you provide to the Council. To find out more, including how to make a request, please see our Information Rights page.
Services covered by this privacy notice: Licensing – Complaints and Requests for Service
Purpose of the Processing:
The personal data you provide is used to enable the council to process complaints and carry out request for service, and to share that information where appropriate.
(If you provide personal data of a third party you must ensure that they understand the use of their data and this privacy notice)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data:
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
- Name (trading name may also contain personal data).
- Address (business address may be your home address)
- Email address
- Phone numbers
Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate): Not applicable
Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal Data: Not applicable
Who the data might be shared with
We may share personal data with other organisations where they have a legal duty or responsibility to investigate complaints and offences directly related to our responsibilities. Data could be shared with the following:
- Other Council departments – to assist when they are investigating complaints and offences.
- Police, Trading Standards, Fire and Rescue Services – to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
- The Home Office in relation to immigration and right to work
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Somerset Council
- Other Local Authorities
- HM Courts and Tribunal Service
How Long Will the Data be Kept For
6 years from the point the licence is expired, revoked or surrendered.