Services covered by this privacy notice: Licensing
Purpose of the Processing: The personal data collected is used to enable the council to process applications and renewals for a range of licenses issued under the appropriate regulations. The council may share that information by maintaining a public access register. The register will contain personal data (such as name and address) and will be available online.
(If you provide personal data of a third party you must ensure that they understand the use of their data and this privacy notice)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal: Data Public Task and Legal Obligation
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
- Name (trading name, may also contain personal data)
- Address (business address, may be your home address)
- Email address and phone numbers
- Licence reference numbers
- Bank Account Name, Number and Sort Code
- Debit/Credit card information
- Position held in business
Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate): Criminal Convictions and Cautions
Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal Data: Substantial Public Interest
Who the data might be shared with
We will share personal data because the relevant legislation says we must do so. We may also share personal data with other organisations where they have a legal duty or responsibility to investigate complaints and offences. Data could be shared with the following:
- The general public – through public access register.
- Other council departments – where committee papers are produced, as consultees or to assist when they are investigating complaints and offences under other legislation i.e. investigating breaches of planning law or benefit fraud.
- Council Members sitting on Licensing Board.
- Police, Trading Standards, Fire and Rescue Services – to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
- Charity Commission
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Other Local Authorities
- HM Courts and Tribunal Service
How Long Will the Data be Kept For
6 years from the point the licence is expired, revoked or surrendered.