Navigate this page
Back to Finance, performance and legal


What we do with the information you give us when you use our Licensing team at Somerset Council for Street Trading, Static Consents, Short Term Mobile Consents and Hawkers.

Your RightsPrivacy Notice

Your Rights

You have specific rights in relation to the data that you provide to the Council. To find out more, including how to make a request, please see our Information Rights page.

Privacy Notice

Services covered by this privacy noticeLicensing – Static Consents, Short Term Mobile Consents and Hawkers – Street Trading
Purpose of the ProcessingThe personal data you provide is used to enable the council to process applications, and share that information by maintaining a public access register. The register will contain specific personal data and will be available online in the future.

(If you provide personal data of a third party you must ensure that they understand the use of their data and this privacy notice)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal DataPublic Task and Legal Obligation
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
  • Name (trading name may also contain personal data)
  • Address (business address may be your home address)
  • Email address and phone numbers
  • Food Hygiene Identifiers/ Registration details
  • Licence reference numbers
  • Date of birth
  • Photographs and signatures
  • Bank Account Name, Number and Sort Code
  • Debit/Credit card information
  • Trader name
  • Social media account names
  • Food business name and address
  • Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate)Criminal Convictions and Cautions
    Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal DataSubstantial Public Interest
    Who the data might be shared withWe will share personal data because legislation requires us to do so. We may also share personal data with other organisations where they have a legal duty or responsibility to investigate complaints and offences. Data could be shared with the following:

  • The public – through public access register; in person and online on Somerset Council website when advertising application being made to us.
  • Other Council Departments – as consultees on applications or to assist when they are investigating complaints and offences under other legislation for example benefit fraud.
  • Council Members and Parish Councils as consultees.
  • Police, Trading Standards, Fire and Rescue Services – as consultees and to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
  • Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to assist in the investigation of complaints or offences.
  • Department of Work and Pensions
  • Somerset Council – Highways as a consultee.
  • Other Local Authorities
  • HM Courts and Tribunal Service
  • How Long Will the Data be Kept For6 years from the point the licence is expired, revoked or surrendered.

    Last reviewed: January 4, 2024 by Sophie

    Next review due: July 4, 2024

    Back to top