Budding entrepreneurs and people keen to brush up on their job skills are invited to a free event, organised by Somerset Council, at the Glass Box, Taunton Library on 13 July (12:00-4:30).
The event is aimed at supporting people who are thinking of setting up their own business and/or those who are keen to sharpen up their employment skills to improve their career.
On the day there will be a programme of inspirational speakers – including local entrepreneurs Lizzie Ginbey from Teapot Creative and Jon Rata from Redefining Accounting, both keen to pass on their experience and advice on finding pathways to business success,
In the Skills Marketplace, a range of employment support agencies and other experts will be on hand to provide advice and some top tips to help with topics such as writing effective CVs, interview techniques and highlighting skills for employers.
Inspiring workshops will also run during the afternoon:
- Be part of the Youth Chamber
- How the Somerset Business Agency can help you
- Embracing the Future: Transforming Somerset Libraries with Technology.
- Barclays Eagle Labs and Life Skills
- Artificial Intelligence and benefits to business
- Guidance and Training for post 16s
This is a drop-in event, so no booking required – just come along on 13 July and have some fun!