There is a flood alert in effect. Please stay safe and follow the latest Flooding information and advice.

Navigate this page
Back to Health, safety and wellbeing


Gas engineers must be on the Gas safety Register by law



When a gas engineer carries out work on your property, by law they must be on the Gas Safe Register as a registered commercial gas engineer with the appropriate authorisation to work on your type of equipment.

All Gas Safe registered engineers have been checked to make sure they are competent and qualified to work safely and legally with gas.

Every gas engineer carries a Gas Safe Register ID card with their own unique licence number, showing the type of gas work they are qualified to do. Before any gas work is carried out, always make sure you ask to see their Gas Safe Register ID card.

Gas engineers have a range of qualifications that allow them to carry out specific types of gas work. It is important to check what work they are qualified to do before you use them. You can find this information on the back of your gas engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card.

Last reviewed: July 25, 2023 by William

Next review due: January 25, 2024

Back to top