The scheme is there to offer temporary shelter in an emergency for several hours. It builds on the sense of community that already exists, using local venues where people will feel comfortable and safe. Each venue will be supported by local authority staff and community members to provide the best possible care at short notice.
Each place of safety will have
- 24 hour access
- Disabled access
- Light refreshments available
We are always on the lookout for new venues. If you feel you could help, please contact email@example.com In your email subject line, please write: Places of Safety.
- Venues are close to their communities
- Venues are well known locally
- The community can open the venue themselves
- Evacuees will be supported by people they know.