We have a vision for Somerset. Over the next ten years we want all organisations to work together as a partnership to create:
- A thriving and productive Somerset that is ambitious, confident and focused on improving people’s lives
- A county of resilient, well-connected and safe and strong communities working to reduce inequalities
- A county infrastructure that supports affordable housing, economic prosperity and sustainable public services
- A county and environment where all partners, private and voluntary sector, focus on improving the health and wellbeing of all our communities
This vision is owned by all of us. We want to work together to improve the lives of our residents. We will only achieve this if we work with partners across the county, and with Somerset’s residents and communities.
Our four priorities for improving the lives of our residents are:
- A county infrastructure that drives productivity, supports economic prosperity and sustainable public services
- Safe, vibrant and well-balanced communities able to enjoy and benefit from the natural environment
- Fairer life chances and opportunity for all
- Improved health and wellbeing and more people living healthy and independent lives for longer
The following strategies drive forward the work of the committee in common:
What the Committee in Common does
Our committee in common looks at people’s health and social care needs together, as well as taking into account the bigger picture – things like transport, housing, jobs and leisure – so that services truly help people stay healthy and independent.
Members of the committee in common must look at the evidence of what works best to help target plans and resources. To help do this, the board publishes Joint Strategic Needs Assessments.
Information about future dates of meetings and past minutes of meetings
More information on the Somerset Health and Wellbeing and Integrated Care Partnership Committee in common
District Council Health and Wellbeing Strategy support