Commissioning is – how we work out what is needed and work with everyone involved to make those things happen in the best and most cost-effective way.
Our vision is to become a commissioning driven authority. This is because this is the best way we can
- deliver the Council’s priorities as set out in the County Plan
- live within our means in the face of sustained public spending cuts
- take an informed approach to allocating and prioritising scarce resources
- undertake the unprecedented rethinking of public services (and our relationship with the public) that is necessary at scale and at pace
- truly understand the needs of our population and different places
- make best use of all available resources (not just those we directly control)
- continually challenge ourselves on the impact we are having and how well we are achieving the outcomes that matter most
If you have any questions please email Vikki Hearn, Strategic Manager Commissioning Development – VHearn@somerset.gov.uk
Below is a list of useful documents. These will be added to, and amended as our approach to commissioning evolves.