Working in partnership with the Good Things Foundation, selected Somerset libraries can offer free data vouchers or SIMs to people in need.
The UK National Databank helps thousands of vulnerable people in communities across the UK to get connected and it has been built with support from Virgin Media O2 and with data donated by Virgin Media O2, Vodafone and Three.
The free data vouchers or SIMs are available from the following Somerset libraries
How to get a free data voucher or SIM
Just visit one of these libraries, take your existing mobile phone and ask member of staff about the free data scheme. You will be asked for a few details and to confirm the following
- You are 18 or over
- You are from a low income household
- You have no access or insufficient access to the internet at home
- And/or you have no or insufficient access to the internet when away from the home
- And/or you cannot afford the existing monthly contract or top up
- Staff will explain how to activate your data voucher or SIM and provide any information relevant to the scheme.
Please note – your device will need to be either unlocked or compatible with O2, Vodafone or Three SIM cards to allow data from the databank to be activated. If your device is locked, you will need to contact your network provider first to unlock the phone.
Each month there are limited supplies of data vouchers and SIM cards at each location, and they will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Unfortunately, staff are unable to reserve vouchers/SIMs in advance for borrowers to pick up at a later date or time.