It allows members, book groups, students over the age of sixteen, independent learners and families to visit the library and use all the normal facilities when it suits them, including at weekends and evenings.
What happens next
When you are accepted you will need to complete an induction at the library, which will show you how to use the OpenPlus systems.
We will take you through a Health and Safety brief, which includes safely entering and leaving the building, using the library on your own, and our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.
You will be given your library card (if you are a new member) and PIN, which you will need every time you use the library in OpenPlus hours.
What you can do
This gives you access to all the normal library facilities
- You can browse, borrow and return books and DVDs using the self-service kiosk
- You can use the Public Network computers
- It is a safe study space for individuals or groups.
- You can use the free Wi-Fi
OpenPlus Unstaffed Hours
The times you can access the library using OpenPlus is as follows:
- Monday 8.00am – 9.00 am, 12.45pm – 8.00pm
- Tuesday 8.00am – 12.30 pm, 5.45pm – 8.00pm
- Wednesday 8.00am – 9.00am, 5.45pm – 8.00pm
- Thursday 8.00am – 8.00pm
- Friday 8.00am – 1.00pm, 5.45pm – 8.00pm
- Saturday 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 8.00am – 5.00pm