- COVID-19 continues to infect thousands of people every week and those at highest risk of severe illness should top up their immunity ahead of the planned autumn booster programme.
- For this reason, over-75s and those with weakened immune systems (defined as immunosuppressed in the Green Book) will be offered a further dose of the vaccine this spring.
- The vaccine offers the best protection against the virus and helps to reduce the risk of becoming seriously ill or hospitalised. But immunity wanes over time so it is important to top it up by getting a booster if you are eligible.
- The NHS will plan to begin offering spring boosters to eligible members of the public from 17 April 2023. The last date for the public to book spring boosters will be 30 June 2023.
- The NHS will let those eligible know when they can be offered the vaccine. Please wait to be contacted by the NHS if you believe you are eligible.
For more information please follow the Government guidance here.