We have introduced a more secure way to send personal or commercially sensitive information by email.
As a Council, we must comply with data protection regulations and make sure that when we share personal or commercially sensitive information, it is done so securely. Failure to do so can result in large fines and damage to our reputation.
If you receive an email that has been classified by us as personal or commercially sensitive you will now need to access it using Egress Switch.
- You can access the information by creating an Egress account and using the online ‘reader’ service which only takes a minute to do or you can download the Egress software.
Please note: While you do not have to download any third party software to access the secure information that we send you, if you regularly receive sensitive email from us we suggest that you do. Downloading the software will mean that you only have to login to Egress once rather than every time you receive an encrypted email.
- If you are unable to access the Egress website to register for an account you may need to adjust your security settings or speak to your IT department in the first instance about adjusting the security settings to allow access to the website.
- Egress Switch Secure Email has been certified by UK Government to enable public and private sector customers to share official and officially-sensitive data over the internet without the need to manage third party credentials.
- Egress Software Technologies is also certified to the ISO 27001:2013 standard, the international benchmark for information security management.
- Egress will never share your information with any third parties. For more details, please refer to their privacy statement: www.egress.com/privacy-statement
- If you need any help using Egress Switch please contact Egress Customer Service at www.egress.com/support or phone 0871 376 0014 (Option 1). For more information, visit www.egress.com
Download the free Egress Switch desktop and mobile apps
The fully integrated applications are free to download and easy to install and use, allowing you to start securing information immediately. Please visit www.egress.com/downloads to find out more.