There is a flood alert in effect. Please stay safe and follow the latest Flooding information and advice.

Navigate this page
Back to Street naming and numbering


We are responsible for ensuring that street nameplates are provided and fitted in suitable positions

Damaged or missing nameplatesRequests for new nameplatesStreet furniture

Damaged or missing nameplates

We are responsible for making sure that street nameplates are provided and fitted in suitable positions. However, in the case of a new development it is the developer that is responsible for the erection of nameplates. We also maintain street furniture that is on our land.

We are responsible for repair and maintenance of street name plates when this becomes necessary due to accidental damage, vandalism or normal wear and tear.

You can report damaged road signs, like speed limit signs here.

You can report a damaged or missing street nameplate here.

Requests for new nameplates

Requests for new nameplates for roads and lanes that have not been named before should be channelled through the relevant parish council or town council to ensure that local people and local variations of names have been considered.

Street nameplate specifications

Street furniture

These are the types of street furniture we maintain on our land:

You can report a problem here.

Last reviewed: October 4, 2023 by William

Next review due: April 4, 2024

Back to top