If you want to place temporary traffic lights or stop and go boards on the public highway, you must have a licence. This may be as well as other licences required for your proposed works. Anyone can apply for a licence, but we usually receive requests from contractors in charge of the works.

Temporary traffic lights may be used for safeguarding the public and people at work.

You can apply for a licence here.

Each application costs £28.50 and this covers:

  • Administration
  • Review of submitted site traffic management plans

Where further details or officer time is required there may be an extra cost.

Apply now