Carers’ Voice SomersetCare and support, Information, advice and guidance
Carers’ Voice Somerset is an influencing body concerned with improving the lives of carers in Somerset. It is made up of representatives of organisations and agencies which have a stake in supporting carers in the county. Carers’ Voice Somerset brings together carers, former carers, local providers, Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group and Somerset Council commissioners to advise and make recommendations on the joint development of health, social care and related services.
Carers’ Voice Somerset was set up in response to National Strategies to ensure that carers are able to access the appropriate support and services they need that will enable them to:
- maintain a good level of health and wellbeing
- remain in their caring role for as long as they wish
What do Carers’ Voice do?
- Raise awareness and improve understanding of the role that carers play in supporting other people.
- Discuss and address issues of common concern to carers in Somerset.
- Take a lead role in the design, implementation, monitoring and review of the 2015 to 2018 Somerset’s Commitment to Carers.
- Review, with commissioners, service providers, carers and former carers the overall value and effectiveness of carers services in Somerset.
- Influence commissioning spending plans.
- Exchange ideas, skills and share examples of good practice in developing support and services for carers.
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|