A Children’s Community Nurse works in partnership with parents and other multi-agency professionals to ensure that the special needs of sick children are met.

See more about the service on the Pathway for community children’s nursing page

We provide skilled, high quality nursing care and advice and support for families with children aged 0- 18 years who have acute or chronic conditions, including:

  • Epilepsy
  • Respiratory conditions including asthma and cystic fibrosis
  • Autism
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Cancer (oncology) and haematology
  • Heart (cardiac) conditions.

We also provide support for the following specialist treatments including, but not limited to:

  • Enteral feeding
  • Home oxygen therapy
  • Neonatal care, nasal gastric tube feeding
  • Co-ordination of packages of care for children with complex nursing needs.

We offer families specialist equipment, guidance and education in medical/nursing procedures and signpost to other services

Somerset NHS Foundation Trust – Children’s Community Nursing Team

Access is only via only via a doctor or ward.

Community Children’s Health Partnership – Bristol and South Gloucestershire

Community Children’s Health Partnership (CCHP) Services are provided by Sirona Care and Health CIC working closely with partners Bristol Community Health CIC, Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, University Hospital Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Barnardo’s and Off the Record. Together they provide all of the community child health and child and adolescent mental health services for Bristol and South Gloucestershire.

You can find out about the services provided by CCHP on their website

Type of provision

Targeted - This is for people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families

Centre information

Accessibility and adjustments

Wheelchair access Yes
Information about wheelchair access
Additional SEN information


Address Musgrove Park Hospital, Parkfield Drive, Taunton, UK

Is this information correct?

Update record

If you would like to update the information on your record please use the form below.