Churchview Care ServicesCare and support
We are a domiciliary care agency primarily for people with learning disabilities but we also support others with needs that we can meet in their own homes within the Taunton and Minehead areas.
We can support families where one or both of the parents has learning disabilities and can work with other agencies to support the children in the family as well. We also provide personal care for any person of any age (over 18 years of age) who requires it to be delivered in their own homes.
Our aim is to support adults with or without learning disabilities to live independently within their chosen local community. Under certain circumstances we can support clients who are in transition from children’s services to adult services (ie they are at least 17 years old). We support them to live a full and purposeful life within the community, while developing a range of activities to enrich their lives in the form of friendships, leisure pursuits and education.
We support elderly clients to maintain their dignity while providing assistance to complete their personal care or to cook or shop. In Taunton, CCS also supports families where one or both of the parents have a learning disability and helps them develop and hone their parenting skills. We work alongside, and liaise with, children’s services or support parents at social events and meetings or provide support during access visits.
We are able to offer support in the following ways:
- 24 hour emergency response
- Personal care
- Meal planning and shopping guidance
- Budgeting and paying bills guidance
- Domestic chores
- Teaching of life skills
- Teaching parenting skills
- Liaising with Children’s Social Care and other agencies
- Helping to overcome barriers to participating in the wider community
- Organising social activities and leisure activities
- Emotional support
- Helping to strengthen links with family and friends, and other social networks
- Applying for and preparing for training and employment
- All clients have a keyworker allocated to them
- Signposting to opportunities and services
- Act as a client’s spokesperson, for example, as an advocate
Type of provision
Targeted - This is for people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|
|Address||Churchview Care Services, Saxum House, 4 Billetfield, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3NN|