Home Energy Team at the Centre for Sustainable EnergyHousing, Information and advice
The Home Energy Team at the Centre for Sustainable Energy provides free, local and impartial energy saving advice.
- Free telephone advice line Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm 0800 082 2234
- Useful advice website www.cse.org.uk/loveyourhome
- Advice available for home owners, private and social tenants and private sector landlords
- Advice on insulation and heating improvements, grants and discounts, energy bills including debt, switching energy suppliers, understanding meters including smart meters, energy consumption and condensation, damp and mould treatment.
- Help to access the energy companies and WPD Priority Services Register
- Home visits for more complex bill or switching enquiries, heating controls advice e.g. controlling night storage heaters, and condensation, damp and mould advice.
- Support and advice for clients looking to remove a prepayment meter.
- Onward referrals to installers of insulation and heating improvements
- Onward referrals to other agencies for further support e.g. other debt advice, charity searches for funding
- Some benefits work but likely to refer on for more complex benefits work
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|